Friday, December 18, 2009

Memories, please stay

When we were living in UK, we only managed to visit a handful of places. Though few, I find that I can't remember all the places that we have been to off the top of my head. I need to search high and low for the digital photos to jot my memory. Since I have a blog here, I will post a short entry for each of the trips that we've made, just for remembrance. So here is the first one.




In May 2000, we visited Stonehenge. The drive there took about an hour from where we lived. There was a tarmac and grass path around the stone circle and visitors were only allowed to view the stones from afar by walking on this path. At that time, we didn't know that we could arrange for a Stone Circle Access visit that takes place outside of the normal opening hours by pre-booking and pre-paying for it in order to walk closer to the stones.

On the same day, both of us paid for English Heritage membership. As members, we would have free entries to many historic sites owned by English Heritage. After Stonehenge, we stopped by Old Sarum, an ancient hilltop site of the earliest settlement of Salisbury, in England. The photo on the bottom right shows the remains of the walls of the castle in Old Sarum.

4 comments:

  1. wow! Thanks for sharing that part of your life with us, Mun. :) The scenary is beautiful... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only the sweet memories tho... how does it feel to reminisce? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gerry, thank you!

    Jennifer, hope I can keep this up.

    sdovelly, I feel nostalgic. I wish I could teleport myself back to that time whenever I feel like it. :)

    ReplyDelete