Friday, January 14, 2011

Ran into Redbabe

Since Redbabe has written about it here, I want to return her the honour. :)

Yesterday there wasn't many people at Ikea when I was there. At the cabinets section, I suddenly noticed a slim and tall lady looking at a cabinet near me. She looks familiar to me. Then it hit me - Redbabe. As I have only seen her photos on her blog, I am not very sure whether it is her or not.

I nudged my spouse, asking him whether I should approach her or not. Then I decided not to, what if I am wrong. In the end, I decided to try to catch her eyes. To see if she can recognise me or not when she sees me. So I moved across the hallway. Then from a far she saw me and she mouthed "Mun"? I nodded. She walked to me, we exchanged some pleasantries, shook hands and then went our own way.

What a nice surprise to meet her in real life. This is the first time that I have met a blogbuddy so it was a memorable moment for me - to be kept in my "Hari in dalam sejarah" (today in history) file. :D 有缘

Hi, Redbabe, nice meeting you (face to face) too! Do drop by her blog and read her version of this chance encounter.

So to all my blogbuddies, one day we may run into each other too. When that happens, please do say hi to me, ok?

14 comments:

  1. Hahaha.... nice reading yr version here. Lols... You are right. It is indeed a "hari ini dalam sejarah" moment. That's why I thought die die also must blogged bout it. Lols... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 你们真得很有缘分!!hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. aiseh.. jealous-nya... LOLS!

    Indeed a pleasant encounter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizebeth, very true!

    GerryMoon, who knows one day I may just run into you too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. No way, man! I'll run far far.... kekeke...

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAH. i actually have asked blogfriends for yumcha. we now sometimes catch movies together. =)

    RYC: about the password.... i don't think i will be sharing this entry with anyone, because it is the same rant as many previous entries about money and future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gargles, so if I see a lady running away from me like crazy then I know it is you! :P

    Renaye, yes, blogfriends can become real life close friends too. But a chance encounter without any prior arrangement to meet beforehand is always special and memorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice......really, wonder how would I react if I ran into my blog buddy......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi "ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR", do come over and say hello if you run into me, ok? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I will have to say hello to you if and when I bump into you because all my blogs contain photos of food and scenery only! :) But yes, what a nice encounter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi miracle8, yes, do say hello if you see me when/if you are in KL. I think I can recognise you from the one photo of you that you included in your bag post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think whenever mun go shopping, she will be scouting out for blogbuddy :)

    ReplyDelete