Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy sunshine

I prefer natural light to switching on the lights during daytime so there are a few skylights in my house. Apart from saving electricity, one fun thing about this is, I get different sunlight patterns on my walls and ceilings throughout the year. Here's one of them:


The pattern usually lasts for at most 1 hour before it changes position as the earth rotates on its own tilted axis (I was about to write as the sun rises from the east in the morning and sets in the west but as we are all taught, the position of the sun is fixed, it is the earth that is moving so I corrected myself).

Sometimes when life gets to me, I'll just sit back and observe the sunshine on my wall and I'll be happy again.

3 comments:

  1. :))

    I know what you mean... yes, the sunlight "moves" in the house throughout the day. hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny. I never even thought about that - the sun rising and setting. It's very common to talk about the sun that way and yet, it isn't moving and we all know it, yet continue to hold on to phrases that were born centuries ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elizebeth, :))

    Jamie, I also often use that phrase until I had to write it down for this post.

    ReplyDelete