Friday, February 14, 2014

17 years ago

Today is a special day for me not because it is a day where "Chap Goh Mei" (Hokkein word for the 15th day of Chinese New Year which is the end of the Chinese New Year celebration) also known as Chinese Valentine Day coincides with Valentine's Day and I read that it only happens once every 19 years but because I was packing my personal things and found the following valentine day's card which I made for my boyfriend (now spouse) back in 1997. It really brought back fond memories.

My spouse gave me a figurine of two piggies dancing together because both of us are born in the year of the boar and based on that one figurine, I drew the above valentine card.

And this is the message inside. I especially like the last sentence: Let's waltz through life together, up the mountains, down deep valleys, through rain and shine. Now, I don't make cards for him anymore, we just create memories together and store them in our brain (or I write about them online).

Here's wishing everyone a Happy Valentine's Day. May you spend this day with your loved ones!

12 comments:

  1. Wow you can seriously draw!! You drew that from just one figurine? And it's very very sweet. Even more special that its been with you that long cos you've been together long... They should celebrate more Valentine's like yours..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aileen. Yes, I drew the card from just one figurine.

      Delete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Yuan Xiao Jie...

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's so sweet! treasure those memories together. happy Valentine's to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that's what the current generation missed out on - in the midst of MMS, Skype & Whatsapp, making cards is a dying art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so very sweet and lovely. I'm afraid we didn't celebrate the day as much as I would have liked. Still after 41 years together, it's OK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! So romantic!! You still keep those??

    I know my hubby still keep my map to my house somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice card! I thought the cute piggies were stamped or printed on the card...you are a great artist :)

    Wow, 17 great years together (mine is 16 years hehe)... Wishing you and your hubby many more loving years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the piggies.. Happy Anniversary and Many Happy Moments Together..

    ReplyDelete
  9. This's so sweet!! Happy Anniversary to you two!!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. A big Thank You to everyone for your kind words and well wishes!

    ReplyDelete